A Flexible Training that Counts towards Yoga Alliance Certification!
If you are going to take a Kids Yoga Teacher Training, take one that counts. Each Certificate you complete counts towards becoming a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher.
Plus, in each certificate you’ll get the training, resources and experience you need to start teaching right away!
Earn all six Certificates and you meet the Yoga Alliance requirements of a 95 hour Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS) training.
Each Certificate consists of:
- 16 contact hours of training in 2 days
- includes 13 hours of in-person training
- includes 3 hours of classes with children in attendance for practical experience teaching kids yoga
- manuals and resources included in your registration (no extra manual fees)
6 Certificates of Kids Yoga Training
You’ll discover new ways to teach yoga to children of all ages in each Certificate. Click on the title to see the unique details of each Certificate:
- Yoga Literacy – Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Take an in depth look at asana based movement for children using the Frog Yoga Alphabet Resource Kit included in your registration. You’ll enhance your confidence teaching poses with both fun and safety in mind. Includes partner yoga, modifications for all ages, as well as 22 innovative and original alphabet and storytelling activities that promote kinesthetic learning, learning through physical activity. Great resource for schools, yoga birthday parties, and more.
- Themes and Dreams – Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: The original Certificate that started it all. The Themes and Dreams Certificate explains Yoga Philosophy and awakens the imagination – no matter what your age. This Certificate includes tested lesson plans that children love. The Kids Yoga Class Creator gives you an intuitive lesson plan template to dream up your own class plans and keep them organized. This Certificate is highly recommended for those wanting mindfulness activities, songs and engaging stories that promote self-esteem, inner peace, and happiness.
- Inclusive Yoga – Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Accommodate children with a variety of needs in your classes! All children come with a unique set of needs. This Certificate contains insight and effective tools to bring yoga to all children, especially kids that are not always motivated by typical kids yoga techniques. Includes Yoga Man vs The Stressor, yoga colouring pages, games, and activities that help kids identify stress and reduce it. A great resource for teachers and parents of kids with different needs and for helping boys see that yoga is not just for girls!
- Branching Out – Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Teach kids yoga in creative ways in your community. In the Branching Out Certificate you begin your action plan for teaching yoga to children. Examine effective advertising, networking, and marketing strategies. Consider when and how to volunteer. Recommended for its ready-to-teach lesson plans for Mommy and Me Yoga, Family Yoga, Yoga Camps, Teen Yoga and more. You’ll also take home the Amazing Breathing Ball and ways to use this cool prop to capture attention.
- What I See I Can Be – Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate: Includes the What I See, I Can Be – Teacher Value Pack resources and how to use them effectively and creatively. Taught by a certified Primary/Junior School Teacher (B.Ed) and Yoga Instructor (RCYT), you’ll find out what really works and what doesn’t in the classroom and beyond. These easy to follow resources are cherished by new teachers because they tell you exactly what to do in a yoga flow. Plus the Yoga Match Card Game (included) is a favourite of kids of all ages.
- My Amazing Body – Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate (also known as Ages and Stages): In this module learn how to teach The Amazing Human Body physical anatomy, including bones, muscles, joints and organs, and fun yoga and craft activities that bring these lessons alive for kids. Discover effective techniques to teach children about their mind and emotions, energy and spirit. Participants receive the comprehensive My Amazing Anatomy Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Manual.
What Makes the Young Yoga Master’s Training Special?
Check for yourself and you will see that many courses will call you a kids yoga teacher even when you have NEVER actually taught a kid! That’s because it takes a lot of work to organize and provide a practicum, kids yoga classes with actual children in attendance, where you see the lead trainer teach, AND classes where you get to teach too! The total of 18 Hours practicum through all the Certificates meets Yoga Alliance standards. That’s 18 hours of teaching with the support of your trainers, where you both teach and observe what a real class is like.
Without practical experience, many “certified” teachers just don’t feel confident that they can deliver a great class because they know that adults pretending to be children is not the same as teaching actual children. But not in the Young Yoga Masters program. You get the experience and confidence in each Certificate, so you can go out and teach even after one Certificate. One graduate told us:
I have earned back more than the tuition!
After taking only one of the modules, I felt confident enough to approach schools to start teaching. I was teaching children after only one weekend of training. Eight months later, by my last module of training, I have taught over 150 kids yoga classes in daycare centres and have been paid for my teaching. I have already earned back more the tuition for the Certification.
– Z.J. Young Yoga Masters Graduate, 2013
How the Training Works:
- Bring Your Yoga Experience: It is recommended that you have taken at least 20 adult yoga classes before you register so you have a base of knowledge of yoga.
- Get Started Teaching with Your First Certificate in Kids Yoga Teaching. Take one Certificate and you’ll explore a unique facet of teaching kids yoga. Each course gives you a Certificate for teaching kids yoga and practical experience to start teaching kids yoga right away.
- Option to Earn Your 95 Hour Certificate with a Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School Certification* If you choose, you can continue with your professional development by earning all 6 Certificates. Together the 6 Certificates meet the 95 Hours of specialty training that Yoga Alliance requires of a Yoga Teacher to become a Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher.
- Have Questions? Visit Our Frequently Asked Questions Page at this link or send us an email: info @ youngyogamasters.com
- Reserve Your Place by Registering: If this program sounds right for you, go to the Registration Page to secure your spot in the next training.
* Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT’s) who successfully complete 95 hour training with Young Yoga Masters, which is a Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS), may apply to Yoga Alliance for the Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation. After completing training with a RCYS, Yoga Alliance has additional requirements that must be met. See details here.
Registration is now open for the next module of training.
To see Dates and More Information Please visit the Registration Page
Get the Certification that Counts, Inspire Children, and Inspire Your Life
Become a Kids Yoga Teacher